Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby max » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi All,

usb_ptp_20130302.png


I've added a Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) and Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) dissector for Wireshark. This will help us more easily decode captured USB logs between Cameras and Hosts.

Instructions :
Please see

Download :

Support:
All support is through this thread.

:beer:
-m
max
Site Admin
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby leegong » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 am

Max , i couldn't access the above links , how about add local downloading in the forum ?
leegong
Core Developer
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby Vicne » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 am

leegong wrote:Max , i couldn't access the above links , how about add local downloading in the forum ?

Leegong, you have to click "View raw file" on the right of the pages to download.

Max, when I link to Google Code hosted files, I now always link to that "raw file" version (which is the actual file in fact)

Vicne
Vicne
Core Developer
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:30 pm
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby indy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:34 am

hi Max,
still working on how to get Canon USB trafic for you...

Indy
indy
Developer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby max » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks Indy. Vicne, Leegong -- I fixed the links, please try again.

-m
max
Site Admin
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby leegong » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:29 pm

i downloaded WINDOWS 32bit version, installation is ok on my PC with WINDOWS XP(all options installed), but nothing happens after launch wireshark ,
prompted by "c:\programs\wireshark\wireshark.exe isn't a valid windows program"
leegong
Core Developer
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby max » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm

leegong wrote:i downloaded WINDOWS 32bit version, installation is ok on my PC with WINDOWS XP(all options installed), but nothing happens after launch wireshark ,
prompted by "c:\programs\wireshark\wireshark.exe isn't a valid windows program"


Hi Leegong, I am able to install OK on a Windows 7 32-bit machine, so I'm guessing the binary won't run on XP? Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of XP to test with.

-m
max
Site Admin
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby leegong » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am

It will be terrible for me to upgrade WINDOWS XP to WINDOWS 7 , lots of application softwares have to be reinstalled :(
leegong
Core Developer
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby max » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am

leegong wrote:It will be terrible for me to upgrade WINDOWS XP to WINDOWS 7 , lots of application softwares have to be reinstalled :(


Unfortunately, you may have to compile it yourself then. Grab the latest source, apply the patch, and follow https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_htm ... Win32.html . I'll ask over on the wireshark-devel list if they know of any XP 32-bit cross-compile issues.

-m
max
Site Admin
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Wireshark PTP / MTP Support

Postby Vicne » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 am

max wrote:
leegong wrote:i downloaded WINDOWS 32bit version, installation is ok on my PC with WINDOWS XP(all options installed), but nothing happens after launch wireshark ,
prompted by "c:\programs\wireshark\wireshark.exe isn't a valid windows program"

Hi Leegong, I am able to install OK on a Windows 7 32-bit machine, so I'm guessing the binary won't run on XP? Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of XP to test with.

I would be tempted to think that W7 32-bit compiled versions would run on XP 32-bit as-is, particularly if not using fancy new MS libs.
Is your XP 32 or 64bit, leegong ?

Best regards,

Vicne
Vicne
Core Developer
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:30 pm
Been thanked: 155 times

Next

Return to External Hacks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests