Nikkor 35DX calibration

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

Nikkor 35DX calibration

Postby K0ras » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:54 am

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for way to calibrate my 35DX 1.8G lens. Now i have really big problem with back focus, and i know only one way to repair and correct that - send my camera to external service.

But maybe You know other ways?

Regards!

Oh, i lmost forgot, I have nikon 5300 without micro af regulation:(
K0ras

Re: Nikkor 35DX calibration

Postby Subversa » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:38 am

Recently I've sent my D5100 to service for AF calibration only to discover how to DIY one day later :d Paid 1/3 of the price I paid for the camera for calibration, and my 35mm is still backfocusing. I'm not really sure bit it might be possible to have a slight offset(spacers below the lens mount) to get it just right but idk if that would work, might try it in next few days...
Subversa

Re: Nikkor 35DX calibration

Postby Razor512 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Were you ever able to get a solution to your issue (e.g., the Nikon service software?
Been looking for one that would be compatible with my D5600 in order to fine tune the focus. It sucks to have to spend nearly $200 to get Nikon to correct the focus when there is no guarantee that they will take the time to 100% fix it.
though for those of us working on our own camera, will take all of the time needed to get as close to perfection as possible.
Razor512

Return to External Hacks