*NO FEATURE REQUESTS*

Re: Edit firmware D3300

Postby Sere » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:10 am

For me only works with 30fps...
Sere

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 am

Hello!

New here and would appreciate any and all assistance. After meticulous research, I very carefully went about installing the Nikon firmware for my D3300 (1.02), then went on to download the Patch Firmware from this website. It's fairly simple, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong, or maybe it's a problem with my SD card or camera? I was able to successfully download the firmware onto my SD card, but upon replacing it in my camera, it didn't notify me of any firmware that needed to be downloaded. I re-downloaded both firmwares (the official Nikon, as well as the patch) multiple times to no avail.

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated,
EureKa
StrikerEureka-_

Postby Simeon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:59 pm

StrikerEureka-_ wrote:Hello!

New here and would appreciate any and all assistance. After meticulous research, I very carefully went about installing the Nikon firmware for my D3300 (1.02), then went on to download the Patch Firmware from this website. It's fairly simple, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong, or maybe it's a problem with my SD card or camera? I was able to successfully download the firmware onto my SD card, but upon replacing it in my camera, it didn't notify me of any firmware that needed to be downloaded. I re-downloaded both firmwares (the official Nikon, as well as the patch) multiple times to no avail.

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated,
EureKa

When you put a firmware (be it the original Nikon, or a altered version via the patching tool) on the root of the SD partition, the camera does not pop up a message saying "new software" you have to go into the menu to tell it to load the firmware..
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Simeon wrote:

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated,
EureKa

When you put a firmware (be it the original Nikon, or a altered version via the patching tool) on the root of the SD partition, the camera does not pop up a message saying "new software" you have to go into the menu to tell it to load the firmware..

Yes, sir! I went to the little wrench icon and to the firmware version section in my camera under the setup menu, but where it normally asks me if I'd like to update my firmware, there was no such option.
StrikerEureka-_

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:47 pm

StrikerEureka-_ wrote:
Simeon wrote:

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated,
EureKa

Yes, sir! I went to the little wrench icon and to the firmware version section in my camera under the setup menu, but where it normally asks me if I'd like to update my firmware, there was no such option.
Attachments
61913609_10157368434631880_7615515952599269376_n.jpg
StrikerEureka-_

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Everything look as it should here? Sorry for the spam, I'm just eager to try this firmware.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 10.57.47 PM.png
StrikerEureka-_

Postby Simeon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:40 pm

thanks for the picture they really helped, rename the file from patched_D3300_0102.bin to just D3300_0102.bin, the file needs to be named how it was to match the search the camera uses.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Simeon wrote:thanks for the picture they really helped, rename the file from patched_D3300_0102.bin to just D3300_0102.bin, the file needs to be named how it was to match the search the camera uses.

Thank you sooo much!! I'll give that a shot today.
StrikerEureka-_

Postby StrikerEureka-_ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:27 am

Okay, so I was able to successfully upload the firmware (thanks so much yet again!), but I also didn't notice any drastic differences. Are there any preferred/recommended settings that I might use to better utilize the update? I, as I'm sure most people in here, shoot on manual, and I've been messing around with it, but it truly doesn't appear to be any different than before. Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks again for everyone's time and input.
StrikerEureka-_

Postby alextheloser168 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:20 am

Hey guys. Is it possible to update the camera while being on the official 1.02 firmware?
alextheloser168

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware