Arduino Board - Slighlty Off Topic

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

Arduino Board - Slighlty Off Topic

Postby 4cc3ss » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:33 am

Slightly off topic but in a way it's not, i recently brought a arduino uno off ebay from apcomponents, the guy was fast with delivery i give him credit for that,
When it arrived i started out getting grips with the board all was well, come back to the board and it wasn't functioning ie semi dead,
so i emailed the guy explaining the situation and he came back saying he would send a replacement..which is great:) ...but i've been
getting emails giving me tutorials on how i should use the board and how not to blow it up...maybe he could give hints on how
to do the Nikon camera :P i was going to explain this isn't my first dev board but i couldn't handle the emails. :icon-lol:

Anyway i've been away and been busy with other things but i'm still working to resolve a bricked cam, i honestly think if this comes
a reality progress will move forward, it's a high risk to patch our own cams, we've brought you some great patches which are
been used to the max and this is fantastic, but a custom menu will top all this.

Regards
4cc3ss
4cc3ss

Re: Arduino Board - Slighlty Off Topic

Postby max » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:32 am

Sounds like fun! What are you planning to do with the arduino?

WRT the dead camera -- maybe making a jig around the main board with an FPGA? I'm hopeful that we can do everything we need w/ JTAG.

-m
max
Site Admin

Postby astronomer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:20 pm

max wrote:Sounds like fun! What are you planning to do with the arduino?

WRT the dead camera -- maybe making a jig around the main board with an FPGA? I'm hopeful that we can do everything we need w/ JTAG.

-m

I'm trying Xilinx Zynq to interface IMX071 sensor. Hopefully the hacking works.
astronomer
Developer

Postby 4cc3ss » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm

max wrote: What are you planning to do with the arduino?

I've decided to put together a goto system for telescope as a side project, i was only using the uno to control servo's and a 2560 for lcd, switches, etc,
and use 12C to link these IC's together and i have the option to add if need be.

And for the dead board i only see TMP19 being the only updatable chip and for the MX29 flash memory this has to be up dateable via the known socket,
myself couldn't find the needed connections to program the MX29 and i'm 99% sure they don't exist and can only be programmed through the processor.
I do have a bunch of serial adaptors and also a teensy to work with for communicating with the TMP19.

Regards
4cc3ss
4cc3ss

Return to nikonhacker.com