Silverlight and linux frustrates me!

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

Silverlight and linux frustrates me!

Postby MetNL » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Hello there,

I'm using Ubuntu, and I want to download your firmware for my D3200. But, as known, Silverlight wont work with any Linux distro!
So I downloaded, installed and tried Pipelight, and I still got the "Download Silverlight" message when visiting the patch download page.
I tried every tutorial trying to make it work, but all failed. Aaarggh :angry-banghead: It's like I'm the only one who has this problem!
Unfortunately, I don't have any friends with windows willing to download it for me (I know, right). So if anyone can send me an alternative download link or maybe even program the download page to work with HTML5 for wider support (maybe a bit of a hassle and it might slow down the development of the actual firmware), that person would get kudos and a nice thank you! :)

Greets from The Netherlands and the world of Linux ($@#* system)
MetNL
The new guy
MetNL

Re: Silverlight and linux frustrates me!

Postby karry » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:09 am

I absolutely understand you flustration... I think that best thing that people around NikonHacker can do, is to release patching tool as open-source...

Meanwhile, we, Linux users, have to use pipelight. It isn't ideal for all, but it works for me, I am lucky guy :) So I can patch firmware and send it to you...

Did you have copy of D3200 firmware version 1.03 ? Latest official version is 1.04*, that it is not supported by patching tool. It prints "No matching 'Model/Firmware Versions' were found!"

* http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/148.html
karry

Postby D80 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:47 am

Hello, both Silverlight via wine and Moonlight works for me in Ubuntu and in Mint. I do not remember how I acctually installed it but I think it was quite easy. I have it works with Mozilla Firefox.
D80

Postby Simeon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 pm

karry wrote:I absolutely understand you frustration... I think that best thing that people around NikonHacker can do, is to release patching tool as open-source...

you mean like https://github.com/simeonpilgrim/nikon-firmware-tools
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby MetNL » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:57 am

I got pipelight working now, although I still encourage the developers to create a HTML5 equivalent!
Thanks y'all!
The new guy
MetNL

Return to nikonhacker.com