exposure tehniques

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

exposure tehniques

Postby jagnje » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:09 am

Hello, new user here and...did not know where to ask this question, but it seems that alot of guys here use nikon for video.
So, I`m no newbie, I`ve been shooting canon dslr with ML for a few years now and I would love to continue so, but the image quality is a bit of a let down. For the type of work that I do I need cheap cameras with the best image quality I can get.
I`m used to doing ETTR exposure tehnique on canon, where I ever expose just before I start getting zebras and I would like to continue doing so with nikon. I borrowed a friends d5300 and I love the image I get, but I`m always scared that I will blow out the highlights.

What do you guys do? I know I could use an external monitor with zebras, but that makes my setup so much bigger and more expensive.
jagnje

Re: exposure tehniques

Postby 4cc3ss » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:00 am

Hi,

Myself uses a canon plus a Nikon, yes i'm impressed with ML features on the canon.

jagnje wrote:What do you guys do?

The forum title says it all 'NikonHacker :laughing-rolling: '.... we create patches for Nikon cameras, this involves reversing the code so the Nikon cameras has better features.

4cc3ss
4cc3ss

Postby jagnje » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 pm

well, I salute you :) seem like you guys are the only ones left hacking cameras. but there aren`t any hacks fot the 5300, 3300 series... so still, how does one work with them reliably?
jagnje

Postby 4cc3ss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

jagnje wrote: seem like you guys are the only ones left hacking cameras.

Well actually we are not, development is still happening with the the canon guys even tho you don't see it, also maybe you should search Pentax hacking.

but there aren`t any hacks fot the 5300, 3300 series...

Development for D3300 & D5300 camera's there is no firmware update support for these camera's yet or maybe never.

so still, how does one work with them reliably?

You mean when the firmware has been changed ?
4cc3ss

Return to nikonhacker.com