A seperate homepage for nikon hacker?

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

A seperate homepage for nikon hacker?

Postby MadScientist » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 am

Hi!
I was thinking about this little idea, nikonhacker should have their own website similar to magic lantern or something. Why? Well, when I go to nikonhacker homepage I immediately see the forums, and I can't get the information about this project straight away (like, which are the supported cameras, what has been done, what are the risks, what are the future plans, etc.). This can be really confusing and some people will just tend not to go through forum posts to find that. A simple website is also much more appealing. This might be a way to attract more people to the project, too.

IMO

Feel free to call me stupid.
MadScientist

Re: A seperate homepage for nikon hacker?

Postby Simeon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:06 pm

That is the wiki page.
Simeon
Core Developer

Re: A seperate homepage for nikon hacker?

Postby MadScientist » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Yeah, the wiki page has good, nice structured info. Though I'm not sure many will think of visiting wiki to look for the info first, maybe in the welcome window add a line saying "Visit the wiki page to see the supported cameras and features" or something. I bring this up because I've heard people say it's a bit confusing navigating here and trying to find the info they need immediately (I was one of those people). Adding just that line might save some new people time, in my opinion, it's just a nice thing to add that's not hard to do.
MadScientist

Return to nikonhacker.com