Nikon Emulator Start-up error

All things embedded.
*NO FEATURE REQUESTS*

Nikon Emulator Start-up error

Postby birdwithafrenchfry » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:59 am

I'm trying to run the Nikon emulator to simulate sending hex codes over USB to a real Nikon camera (Making an app) because I can't afford to buy my own camera. I successfully set up the emulator and got the camera interface running but now it just gets stuck on the "Start-up error - Contact a Nikon authorized service representative" popup. I saw this error was mentioned in the wiki but there was no mention of a solution. Does a solution to this problem exist?
birdwithafrenchfry

Re: Nikon Emulator Start-up error

Postby coderat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:07 am

birdwithafrenchfry wrote:I'm trying to run the Nikon emulator to simulate sending hex codes over USB to a real Nikon camera (Making an app)

This will be very difficult, because USB chip is not emulated and we do not have any registers description for it. Connecting emulator to real PC using virtual USB will not work anyway, because of very bad performance of emulator. Any request from USB host will run into timeout.
birdwithafrenchfry wrote:I successfully set up the emulator and got the camera interface running but now it just gets stuck on the "Start-up error - Contact a Nikon authorized service representative" popup.

What camera mode? Just apply "Non-brand battery" patch to firmware before start it in emulator. May be it helps.
coderat
Core Developer

Return to Firmware