Lens firmware, serial communication, Dandelion, etc...

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

Re: Lens firmware, serial communication, Dandelion, etc...

Postby ubmtdc » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

Sorry but the format has been gone since this forum SW cannot handle tabs...

I will send it to vicne to add it to the google page.
ubmtdc

Postby coderat » Tue May 07, 2013 11:06 am

coderat
Core Developer

Postby Vicne » Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 am

Vicne
Core Developer

Postby Vicne » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

Vicne
Core Developer

Postby ubmtdc » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

At one place of the .ru feed there was a hex file given. I am not sure if it was a pic or an avr. Maybe someone has the correct tool to disassemble the hex...

Found it: http://roboforum.ru/forum2/topic1829-45 ... kon#p83351

and on:http://roboforum.ru/forum2/topic1829-60.html?hilit=nikon#p83549
ubmtdc

Postby coderat » Tue May 07, 2013 11:53 am

coderat
Core Developer

Postby Simeon » Tue May 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Just reformatted the table as posted by ubmtdc, using code tag
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby leegong » Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 am

leegong
Core Developer

Postby Lifegiant » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:54 am

I have been 'Chipping' Nikon lenses for 10 years. IDKW but for some reason buyers of chips, vs already attached programmed chips, is for nikon a dead market. Canon and Nikon chips (simple eeprom units) have been around for 15+years, but Nikon (This is simply my research and study) buyers do not want to Diy. To broadly answer your question, Tagotech is my friend, he is branded under several names but I buy direct. I also have the instructions in which you can enable, full aperture recognition,(some models it must be done with the Apt ring), but it is accurate and it offers 3D matrix metering. You can enter focal length, Max Aperture, and + or - focus adjustment of the chips accurate recognition, giving full AF confirm, correct aperture, and focal length(prime lengths only). It is done within the 1st few seconds of attaching the lens w/ chip, using the command dials and a series of shutter speeds.
However my ONLY guess why he decided to go with std pre programmed chips, is lack of buyers, those only wanting focus confirm with beep and light. There's 1 guy I know that "professionally" modifies any lens, for $4-$800, ahhhh Yah. I chip my Own ZEISS LENSES as well.
Question: Since all pro model bodies allow for lens info to be entered, thus allowing aperture and focus confirmation work the same as a MF chipped lens, -exif data, how will it serve you to chip high end lenses?( **I left out that pre programmed chips, are merely preset, they can be entered into programming mode and changed.So dont be fooled the sellers just set them 1st). If you view ebay, fully functional chips are 39.95 approx, while 50mm f1.4 lock is $18, or so, and they aren't really locked, JSYK. I have all the instructions in my Shop, w/ chips, his website offers a download link,(it may be in a Foreign Language though).
Canon chips sell by the 1000's that's why Fotodiox etc rarely offer Nikon based chips, they want 3 times as much too, and Canon are no different, except lining up pins, AND tuning the lens to proper indexing aperture Lip Taper. Maybe machining lenses to AIS, would offer same result, its what I do now vs chipping. I know of no way to add actual AUTO focus mechanics, and with the 2 arrows and the dot Nikon OEM MF is much faster.
*************NOTE regarding the 16A Tele 1.6x you mentioned, THAT is a very specific converter meant for Manual focus lenses. Actually All Nikon TC's are designed specifically for a small batch of lenses, but the 16A actually auto focuses, so if you hotwire it, as has been done, you only gain the ability to use it past a D2X, on long TP, set to infinity, and its a screw driven TC, so a Screw drive body is needed. For 1/2 the $ you can buy a Matched setup, ie. I found a Tamron 80-200mm F2.8 w/ Focus Limiter, (The older one that is built w/ sup optics) along with a 1.4 Tamron AFS,(important, TC's that are not AFS off brand, will not focus any Nikon lens, the Lens to TC flange distance is different, & it doesn't pwr the AFS motor- I say wiil not as in, it will not be of any real use, unless you like the sound of focus motors). So the 'Older Tamron' 80-200mm that is a dog in ANY other version, focuses with the 1.4XTC, as does my 135-400mm 4.5,5.6 Nikon, with instant lock on on my D3. The 16A was a project I took up too, it will -almost- focus on many lenses, but dial it in, a tiny bit too much, and it will damage the lens, & most likely itself. I found it way to finicky, very rare Glass it was useful on, and little or no return, for the still steep price. I got much better results from a simple MF TC14b, or a matched combo as I mentioned, Until I bought later AFS models later on in my Career. Hit me up if you want to get the prgm instructions, anything I can do!
Lifegiant

Postby Lifegiant » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 am

Sorry didnt see the dates, I thought I saw a question about pinouts on a tc16X e and TagoTech chips, dont know how I ended up posting here, sorry again.
Lifegiant

PreviousNext

Return to External Hacks