lens hack

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

lens hack

Postby lwan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:32 am

Now this is just a question. Is it even possible to hack into a lens firmware into making the body believing it supports a wider aperture than manufactured for. Say you have a 5.6 and you make it accept 4.0. I understand the physical implication, it's not going to be as fast as a true f4 due to the much smaller front glass element, but would that work?
It could allow maybe for a better AF, a better bokeh and a somewhat faster lens (unless this would completely ruin the image, but I don't see a reason why. I had a lens on a Canon body, a 55-200mm one where the diaphragm stopped working (that was super long ago). So it was shooting fully open constantly. And honestly, despite this was not very convenient, the super shallow depth of field was awesome and the pictures looked good.
Thanks for any pointer on this

NB the website is constantly unreachable making it hard to post or read
lwan

Re: lens hack

Postby leegong » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 am

lwan wrote:Now this is just a question. Is it even possible to hack into a lens firmware into making the body believing it supports a wider aperture than manufactured for. Say you have a 5.6 and you make it accept 4.0. I understand the physical implication, it's not going to be as fast as a true f4 due to the much smaller front glass element, but would that work?

Sorry , i believe it is impossible to hack Nikkor lens firmware now .
I have beening looking for Nikkor lens firmware , but no way to get lens firmware .
leegong
Core Developer

Return to External Hacks