Neewer Flash and External Live View

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

Neewer Flash and External Live View

Postby charlesbronson » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I hope I am posting this in the right forum. If not I apologize, I just joined.

I have a Nikon D3200 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a modification that can be used or if there is a firmware update that can assist with using a tablet for live view with controls for the video features? I am using DSLR Dashboard but find it can only really show me live view and take a picture. But I have no control over ISO, Aperture, Shutter and focus or recording on and off.

I am also curious if anything is available to help with TTL for a Neewer 750II Flash? I bought the flash hoping to use it with TTL and found it only allows me to trigger the flash. I have to set flash power manually as the camera does not seem to communicate power settings to the flash.

Hopefully these are not crazy questions. Any help directing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
charlesbronson

Re: Neewer Flash and External Live View

Postby Lifegiant » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:21 pm

I use a VK 750 II Flash, on a D3, a D7000 (hacked and non), and a D800, they all r Cochise that flash upon power on. Note all Nikon flash systems usually require 1 thing upon per on, ISO flashes, you have to change or enter to confirm. But my VK, auto flash Head goes right to the correct distance, aperture, ***** note if the HEAD is even slightly tilted up, OR you pull out the diffuser ( not the whit card reflector the actual flip down diffuser. ALL Nikon flashes go into BOUNCE FLASH MODE. Although it should still communicate with camera. Very easy test. In the viewfinder look for the red flash bolt if it is solid red, it recognizes the flash, as ready to fire. Wait for it to charge (blinking ). Also any Nikon with a flash built in, needs menu programming to tell the external flash to operate TTL, ITTL. The VK has 1 feature if auto focus assist is set, you'll see a spider web target right where your shooting, the camera and flash can see it, it's different than a fright light from body you used to it's a red beam. The VK is 100% compatible and is a top recommended but in my forums. Look closer I think something I mentioned will help. Peace
Lifegiant

Re: Neewer Flash and External Live View

Postby charlesbronson » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:59 am

@Lifegiant sorry I'm not sure if your post answers my question. You gave a lot of great detail, but my question was simply if there is a modified firmware or some other form of modification I could use to communicate TTL settings from my D3200 to my Neewer flash. Setting the flash off is not the problem, the problem is I have to manually set the flash power. This is not a problem if I have a static shot, but sometimes I want to use a flash while jumping from different shots.

Hope that makes sense.
charlesbronson

Return to External Hacks