Camera Control Pro

Wifi, USB, GPS, Grips, Mics, Ext Power, Lens, Flash

Camera Control Pro

Postby Fried Crispy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:09 am

Would the program offered by Nikon to tether the camera to a computer be of any assistance? :shock:

"Camera Control Pro": http://nikonimglib.com/nccp/index_en_nsa.html#os-windows
Fried Crispy

Re: Camera Control Pro

Postby matt » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Actually, the Nikon SDKs would probably be more useful than Camera Control Pro. The SDK libraries and command would be what CCP is built on. The SDKs can be downloaded from Nikon after registering as a developer. I've looked at them before. They might be useful later on to pinpoint locations of some of the higher-level camera functions in the firmware, but there's nothing much that would help at the current stage (startup and initialization process).
matt

Postby Simeon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am

The general idea of USB base control has been useful, as I've found names of functionality based off message id's used for each USB command. In fact the uncompressed pictures hack is based off an undocumented command to turn compression off for raw pictures, and I just turned that feature all full time. And at the same time I named a few message types that the libmtp/gphoto teams did not know.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby MJSfoto1956 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:50 pm

perhaps this guy could shed some light on this thread. He created a C# wrapper class for the Nikon SDK. Details here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nikoncswrapper/
MJSfoto1956

Return to External Hacks