Patch wont work

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

Patch wont work

Postby jawndough » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:04 pm

I joined a while back ago and was gonna mess with this d3100 years ago so over the night I tried to install the firmware after patching on my d3100,and the file is the same size as Nikons which I thought was weird........ I see others on youtube have no problem. It don't give me no extra options for fps.... and it stops the recording maybe 3 seconds when I start just picking a factory setting. Is there no more patching for the d3100?
jawndough

Re: Patch wont work

Postby Bob » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:05 pm

It should still patch fine, what OS are you running? If I'm not mistaken, newer OS's and browsers have been harsh on Microsoft Silverlight because of security risks, does the patch website load fine on your browser? From what I remember the D3100 patches only affect the bitrate, not framerate of the video - and this isn't an option that can be changed in the menus. If you patch the firmware to record video at 36mbps, and want to increase the bitrate later on, you can't change the rate at which it records at inside of the camera menu - you would have to patch the firmware again and send it to the camera once again. Hope this helps:)
Bob

Postby jawndough » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Sorry was tired, my menu didn't look like a patched one it looked like the factory still. Im using windows 7 64 bit. Everything goes fine like the instructions say and every video I watched but it would still be the same. I watched a video by 4cc3ss for 30 mbps and in the comment section he had a beta download and I installed it and it worked but it isn't the "newest options" shown in the online patch tool. It shows 54mbps and the 60+ as a beta.
jawndough

Postby Bob » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Does the menu for changing the video quality/resolutions say HQ for 1920x1080?
Bob

Postby jawndough » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 am

Not off the online patch tool, it only did when I found that beta that 4cc3ss had under his youtube channel. Every time I used the online patch tool it never worked, it just stayed at factory.
jawndough

Postby jawndough » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:07 pm

I chatted with a guy and he said if it didn't play back more than a second for the 54 then it patched. So I tried the patch AGAIN, didn't see and of the hq settings but I shot a little video details said 51816 kbs but it don't show the hq settings like the beta patch I just had on.
jawndough

Return to nikonhacker.com