Donation Day

Suggestions / improvements / tech support for the forum and wiki

Donation Day

Postby jimyjames » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 am

Hello, I propose a community donation day when everybody pitches in 5 dollars to the project. I think most people are enjoying being a part of this and let's face it is a completely one sided community. The devs work and work and push out new updates and everybody else uses them and asks a million questions, tells their friends and they come and ask a million questions. It would be a great way to come together and allow everybody regardless of skill to help out and show support as a unified community. What do people think? Yay/ Nay?
jimyjames

Re: Donation Day

Postby leegong » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:45 am

As i mentioned in this thread , this project is lack of many important software/hardware tools .
That's why we are moving slowly , it will be very helpful if we can get/buy several important software/hardware tools .
leegong
Core Developer

Postby jimyjames » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:23 am

How much of the problem is the buying?
jimyjames

Postby astronomer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Right now the problem is the lack of developer, essential tool and most of all, information. The last is the most difficult to obtain.
astronomer
Developer

Postby leegong » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:45 am

I don't know how much is needed exactly , In general they are not cheap , may up to tens of thousands of US$ ,
such as Softune for FUJITSU Milbeaut (EXPEED) , dev board for CPU in Nikkor Lens .
leegong
Core Developer

Postby jimyjames » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:59 am

And here I figured we could drum up a little support... But that's quite a plateau....
jimyjames

Postby astronomer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 pm

Reverse engineering is very costly and risky. Thus unless is commercially driven and bearing a promising payback with high demand, it will not go beyond certain interested people like us.

3rd party lens maker is a example. And chipworks, provides IC insights for competitor or legal battles. But in the end it boils down to money and demand.

That's what I'm saying we need more interested developer than just money or tools.
astronomer
Developer

Return to nikonhacker.com