New user - Questions about D7000 patch

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

New user - Questions about D7000 patch

Postby tjb » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello, I only recently learned about this site. I'm just learning about patching the firmware, and I have some questions about the behavior of my camera after applying a firmware patch.

I have a D7000, and I've created a patch based on firmware update (D7000_0104.bin). I had already updated to D7000_0105.bin, so I reverted in order to apply the patched firmware.

The patch settings I chose were:
- Remove Time Based Video Restrictions
- Video 1080 24fps HQ 64mbps NQ old HQ

After applying the patch I noticed that when recording, the time remaining changed from an even 20:00 (minutes) to something like 8:43.

When I attempted to view (on the camera in review mode) video I'd recorded, only the first half second of the video played, then froze. When I exported the video to my computer it played normally.

I'm wondering if these two behaviors are normal for the patch options. (I have not yet recorded long enough to see what happens when the timer reaches zero.)

Thanks for any insight.
tjb

Re: New user - Questions about D7000 patch

Postby Simeon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:40 am

8:43 is all you can record at 64mbps, as the files are limited to 4gb.

When the timer hits zero, the recording stops.

Yes, it's know that the 64mbps video cannot be played back on the camera, the putting the old 24mbps rate on the "normal" quality so you can do test shots etc etc, and review in camera..
Simeon
Core Developer

Re: New user - Questions about D7000 patch

Postby tjb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

Great! Thanks for the explanation about file-size limit and confirmation on 64mbps preview playback.
tjb

Return to Feature Requests and Help