Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby Akshay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Hello Guys i'm just a kid playing around with a camera that we have around the house i stumbled here and found your hacking patch i was wondering if it works for the latest version for the Nikon D5200 (c 1.03) if not where can i find the old version (c 1.02) i can't find it and if theres a video that can help me please link it!
Thanks guys also if the patch doesn't work for the firmware will you ever release the patch for (c 1.03)? anyway if not what bitrate is in the new patch if you could find a way to only patch the bitrate thats awesome because i just want better quality videos!
Akshay
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby mitkonikov » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 am

Hi, Akshay!
I'm not one of the developers, but I found a link from the v1.02 firmware for the Nikon D5200. Link : download.nikonimglib.com/archive1/IAFuO000jxBC00KO5CT783AIxR80/F-D5200-V102W.exe
I hope it helps. Nikon made 2 fixes from the v1.02 to v1.03 firmware that don't affect the bitrate part. So it's up to the devs. to see what they can do.
If any core devs. are reading and have worked on the D5200, I would like to ask them about the .dfr.txt file for the D5200. I would like to see the code myself, because I have worked on some assembly code before...
Thanks...
- Mitko
mitkonikov
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:22 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby Akshay » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks man really hard to find old firmware anyway i'm quite happy now i have to downgrade the firmware and upgrade the specs a bit weird if you think about it anyway this is awesome!!! Thanks!!! :)
Akshay
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby Simeon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

mitkonikov wrote:Hi, Akshay!
I'm not one of the developers, but I found a link from the v1.02 firmware for the Nikon D5200. Link : download.nikonimglib.com/archive1/IAFuO000jxBC00KO5CT783AIxR80/F-D5200-V102W.exe
I hope it helps. Nikon made 2 fixes from the v1.02 to v1.03 firmware that don't affect the bitrate part. So it's up to the devs. to see what they can do.
If any core devs. are reading and have worked on the D5200, I would like to ask them about the .dfr.txt file for the D5200. I would like to see the code myself, because I have worked on some assembly code before...
Thanks...
- Mitko


dfr.txt is only used for the FR CPU based cameras, the D5200 is ARM, information that I have published for that is in https://github.com/simeonpilgrim/nikon- ... iles/D5200
Simeon
Core Developer
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby Elwood » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Akshay wrote:Thanks man really hard to find old firmware anyway i'm quite happy now i have to downgrade the firmware and upgrade the specs a bit weird if you think about it anyway this is awesome!!! Thanks!!! :)


I did the same thing, I prefer the old firmware on some stuff.
Elwood
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:18 am
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby mitkonikov » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 am

Simeon wrote:dfr.txt is only used for the FR CPU based cameras, the D5200 is ARM, information that I have published for that is in https://github.com/simeonpilgrim/nikon- ... iles/D5200


THANKS for replying!
Sorry for the late re-reply...
I didn't know about that repository, I see you have everything documented, just it needs a lot of comments :D
I see that you have IDC files, but I would still need to decode the firmware with your C# codes. Right?
Does the D5200 has the same 3 layer encryption?
Thanks is advance!
- Mitko
mitkonikov
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:22 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Nikon D5200 V1.03 Firmware Help.

Postby Simeon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Yes, the D5200 uses the same encryption, "firmware decode" you can see how I have decoded each firmware via the paths I include them as in "firmware decodefirmware decodeProgram.cs"
Simeon
Core Developer
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Been thanked: 604 times


Return to Feature Requests and Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests