D600 / D610 Feature Requests

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

How to remove time limit D600

Postby odinho » Sun May 24, 2015 4:46 am

As far as I understand, the way you do these patches is by dissasembling the firmware in IDA Pro (or similar) and figuring out what variables does which thing. You have a quite good feeling and can find the time limit check on the D5100 etc cameras. I read another place that the D600 was quite similar. I'm wondering, how hard would it be to port this one patch?

Or asked another way, are the knowlegde you have for each of these patches written down somewhere accessible so that I or someone else might try to do this? I don't have IDA Pro, but maybe the demo will work (I see v.6 works in Linux). (If the patches are available it'd also be possible to create a patcher that doesn't require Silverlight).

Am I way out there? :-?
odinho

Re: How to remove time limit D600

Postby Simeon » Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 pm

odinho wrote:As far as I understand, the way you do these patches is by dissasembling the firmware in IDA Pro (or similar) and figuring out what variables does which thing. You have a quite good feeling and can find the time limit check on the D5100 etc cameras. I read another place that the D600 was quite similar. I'm wondering, how hard would it be to port this one patch?

Or asked another way, are the knowlegde you have for each of these patches written down somewhere accessible so that I or someone else might try to do this? I don't have IDA Pro, but maybe the demo will work (I see v.6 works in Linux). (If the patches are available it'd also be possible to create a patcher that doesn't require Silverlight).

Am I way out there? :-?

The code is has been hosted on google code project since Aug 2014 https://code.google.com/p/nikon-firmware-tools/ google is ending their code hosting service, so the current code is now on github https://github.com/simeonpilgrim/nikon-firmware-tools
Simeon
Core Developer

Re: D600 / D610 Feature Requests

Postby Herra Kuulapaa » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:03 am

Hi Simeon,

I'm wondering about the possibility having a true dark current option included in D600 1.01 firmware or a menu based option like in D800 1.10?
Herra Kuulapaa

Postby ckambiselis » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:21 am

gorbva wrote:When D600 (and all other Nikon DSLR's) is connecting to PC via USB it is impossible to turn on Live View to cameras LCD (and to HDMI output too). All "live view" can be seen only on connected USB device. Canon DSLR's has not such "feature".
Is it possible to fix this "feature" in fimware?
I use my DSLR as video camera, and im buil a little Arduino-based device to control focus on my D600 via USB. But when i connect it to camera, it turns to "PC connected" mode and all video stream is turn to USB device, however nor video on LCD, nor on external HDMI monitor. :doh:

+1 for this feature, I have been testing qDslrDashboard, an app for controling Nikon cameras with a PC/Android/Raspberry Pi/OSX/Linux, and would like to use the HDMI at the same time to record to my Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle.
ckambiselis

Postby jazzcat81 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello,

I have just learned about this site, and your project of hacking the Nikon firmware.

I have one question.

Is it possible to extend the bracketing range of the D600? So that it can have 5, 7 or even 9 brackets ? This would be great news. Please let me know if you have any idea if this is possible.
jazzcat81

Postby kovir » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:26 pm

I have maual lenses and I love them. But it's really hard to focus manually... It would be a great improvment if a d600 have a beep as a confirmation of manual focusing.

If You can do this It would be great. Many of /Nikon users are looking for this...

Greetings from Poland

Marcin
kovir

Postby neostyles » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:54 pm

What about film simulation? There are many great classic films that are synonymous with great eras of photography, but I can't afford to do film photography. These could be done as picture profiles.
neostyles

Postby alescx » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:08 pm

I was thinking if it would be possible to have the Picture Control version (NP2) found on the D810 and later models, the one that introduced additional features: Flat Picture Control, Clarity setting and Fine adjustment. When the original NCP format of the D610 is used, these options are not available. It would be a really cool feature to have on our camera. How much should a donation be worth for such an assignment? I would gladly support such an improvement in the camera software.
alescx

D600 firmware

Postby Encoremagic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:19 am

Hi there,

I'm new to nikon hacking.
I'm looking for the hacker firmware for the D600, (particularly would like to increase time limit)
Can't find it anywhere, can someone help me locate it, or send it?

Thanks a bunch!
Cheers,
Luka
Encoremagic

Re: D600 firmware

Postby sensi277 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Currently there are no software modifications available for the D600.
sensi277

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Help