D90 Feature Requests

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

d90

Postby maxxxy » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 am

hello guys are brand new world of SLR / hacker
I have a d90 with which I am fine but to be honest I some something .................

1) there is a custom firmware for d90?

2) the d90 records video in HD, it is possible with some firmware to get fullHD?

3) because there are no custom firmware??

4) why magiclantern canon and nikon right?

thanks
maxxxy

Re: d90

Postby Simeon » Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

maxxxy wrote:1) there is a custom firmware for d90?

No as Nikon has not released a patch for us to base the custom firmware off.

maxxxy wrote:2) the d90 records video in HD, it is possible with some firmware to get fullHD?

The D90 does MJPEG which is not really video per say, and it also doesn't have the MPG4 encoding hardware needed to do "real" video.

maxxxy wrote:3) because there are no custom firmware??

This is not a complete questiong

maxxxy wrote:4) why magiclantern canon and nikon right?

This is not a question ether. Magiclantern is the name of one of the Cannon firmware modification projects. They do lots of things that we would like to do, but their work was based off years of work by the CHDK team. We are doing the same type of work that the original CHDK team did, thus are years behind the Magiclantern team.
Simeon
Core Developer

Nikon D90

Postby Mirjan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Did anyone tried this on Nikon D90? Does new patch support this model of Nikon camera? Sorry if topic is already on the forum. I am a new user. Thanks
Mirjan

Re: Nikon D90

Postby coderat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Click "Download".
coderat
coderat
Core Developer

Postby Simeon » Thu May 01, 2014 1:45 pm

The Download button top right is badly worded.

But no the D90 is not supported.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby Mirjan » Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Is there any plan to do that crack? Than you for replay.
Mirjan

Postby Simeon » Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 pm

There is no released firmware for the D90, so to patch it, we would need to release our own copy of the D90 firmware (pull from a exist D90), that would violate the copyright law, so I'm not inclined to do that.
Simeon
Core Developer

D90 Timelapse

Postby nikuser1234 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 am

I have been experimenting with timelapse photography using a Nikon D90. I have set the camera on fully manual settings, custom white balance and basic JPEG image quality. I have connected the camera using a USB, and have tried using both image capture in Mac as well as Soforbild as the intervalometer.

For the first 10-15 minutes, the camera fires at the specified intervals (5 seconds). However, the camera then stops firing. If I turn it off, and turn it back on, it will again fire for a several minutes and then stop again. On DPReview, it was suggested that the issue is probably the 99 shot limit on the D90 if you are not using an intervalometer. I was wondering if someone knows how to disable this feature on the D90. I searched but did not find any information on this.

Thanks
Nikuser1234
nikuser1234

Re: D90 Timelapse

Postby max » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 am

I do not know a way around this unless the software can cycle the connection and clear the timer.

I have successfully used an ebay intervalometer for thousands of shots on a timelapse, but it did eventually break because the connection to the GPS port is fragile.

I highly recommend shooting in RAW and using http://lrtimelapse.com/ if you don't already.

-m
max
Site Admin

Any news about D90 hacking?

Postby D90 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:14 am

Hello there, mighty hackers!
Here you mentioned, that D90 hacking process has started. So, any progress there yet?

I know, this camera is old and not that good as new ones, and it is not so interesting for you to hack this firmware. But, honestly saying, I don't have a possibility to buy a better one, and I hope to improove it someday and upgrade it's firmware with your hacks.

Ready to be a tester

So, PLEEEASE!!! Make my dream come true! :)
D90

Next

Return to Feature Requests and Help