D3200 Feature Requests

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

Re: Nikon D3200 PLEASE REMOVE FLICKERING

Postby ImAliveAgain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 pm

I feel like your getting a bit too passionate about this. Just because the camera is cheap-- doesn't make anyone less of a 'filmmaker' or 'cinematographer'. Just take a look at the gh2, there is so much amazing work done with it out there. Instead of ranting, why not just stay on topic and add something appropriate to the conversation -- at least don't be a dick about it. If it isn't possible to remove noise flickering just say so, or providing some assistance with possible solutions..
ImAliveAgain

Postby ImAliveAgain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Simeon wrote:The D600 was also unacceptably broken. For all uses, where-as the flickering seems to be a lighting issue to me (a complete non expert in both that model, and video/film light setup)

It most likely is only a problem in low lighting, as that is where I notice it most. Adding some light to the scene fixes most of the problem. But apparently I read somewhere that there is image flickering in the blue channel. Not really a expert in video color channels but maybe that might lead to something.
ImAliveAgain

Postby ImAliveAgain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Alright guys, even though we might not get a firmware fix - I did happen to come across a video that uses BCC Flicker Fixer and it does seems to do the job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_627SrM1s

I have yet to try it but it seems like a pretty solid post edit fix.

Edit: Forgot to leave the source thread I found this: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/117582/678332.aspx

Btw if you have trouble acquiring BCC *cough* send me a message. ;)

Also, make sure you read that entire thread and especially pay attention to this video if you want to get rid of noise in the blue channel:
http://www.borisfxresources.com/AvidFor ... layer.html
ImAliveAgain

Re: D3200 v1.03 universal battery

Postby mikehull » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:34 am

:grin: I have just rolled back to version 1.02 with the nikon firmware and updated to the hack firmware fully working with third party battery with no problems im very happy :grin:
mikehull

Postby aliensporebomb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:49 am

After messing with this for a while the D3200 is perfectly usable to do 1080 HD but with certain caveats with regards to lighting and environment. And yes, your mileage may vary depending on how well you know your camera/lenses/skillset.

If you are trying to do something like Sony A7S super low light uber high iso amazing velvety low light movie footage you're just not going to get the performance of a $2500 body with a D3200 that has been between $400-500 lately and has a successor cam already (and signs of that potentially being replaced too).

I ended up doing a somewhat low light ambient guitar video with a D3200 and it's okay. Since most of my stuff goes on youtube anyway they end up mangling some of the dynamic range and overall footage quality anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sg5QRjIklM
aliensporebomb

D3200 Feature Requests

Postby max » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:33 pm

D3200 Feature Requests and related discussions will be merged to this thread
max
Site Admin

D3200 Time Limit Removal for Filming

Postby Ult_Renegade » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I apologize for my possible noobish questions and remarks. I have a D3200 that I use for filming, live concerts and photography. But the one thing that frustrates me is when I am filming concerts, the camera's filming time limit is 20 minutes and an average setlist I record is either an hour to two hours long. And for a video editor (like myself), to constantly sync and re-sync footage that has been cut by a camera's time restriction is quite an inconvenience.

I saw almost a year ago that the D3200 got the lovely patch where the time restriction was lifted/removed, but from the article I read it said it was not working properly. This is something that I am very interested in and I want this to be apart of my camera. The likeliness of overheating is there, but I have filmed concerts for 2 hours straight with my D3200 with no overheating problems at all.

So, the question is... Is the time restriction patch for the D3200 finally up and running?

Thanks!
Ult_Renegade

Re: D3200 Feature Requests

Postby seiyafan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:10 pm

I have a similar request, please consider making the recording timer limit removal available on D3200.
seiyafan

Postby fourzeronine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 am

There is a new official Nikon Firmware for the D3200!

D3200 “C” Firmware Version 1.04

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/e ... w/148.html

Looking to get the hacks applied to this. :-)
fourzeronine

Postby aliensporebomb » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Holy moly you sure are right. I had no idea at all! Unreal.

1.04 released on June 2nd 2015.

I guess it fixes the occasional issue where the writing to memory card led would stay on too long and indicate your card was bad and to replace it that would pop up occasionally. Very happy about that, I had a 32 gig card guaranteed to get that error after about 200 shots. It was maddening because that card worked in other devices.

I installed the update tonight and even though I lost my Nikonhacker 64 MBPS movie mode it did seem to allow that problematic card to work again. Sandisk, Kingston, Micro Center and a generic unlabeled SD card all seem to work fine although it does seem that the LED indicating writing is actually on longer than previously - I didn't do a scientific A-B but it seems that way. But, I did find that despite the LED being on it doesn't stop shooting with the LED being on.

So, does anyone want to take a stab on seeing if other changes they didn't mention were done such as lessening flickering in movie mode?
aliensporebomb

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Help