Patching Help and Questions Thread

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

Re: Problem copying patched firmware to memory card.

Postby Bobby55 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:45 am

No one has had this problem?
Bobby55

Re: Cant Download Patch

Postby Simeon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:24 pm

You have to use a web browser the still supports Silverlight aka IE.
Simeon
Core Developer

Downloaded patch but still won't work

Postby Browniess123 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 am

I downloaded my files to a class 10, 16 GB flash drive and updated the firmware on my Nikon D3100 and nothing works. The only thing that changed is my playback time, which only lasts about half a second. I checked the patch limitations and everything seems cool so I don't think that was the problem. Have I bricked my camera? Everything else seems to work but nothing has changed. I tried to download the 64, 54, 32 MB, unrestricted time based patch, and the ISO/shutter LV patch but nothing works.
'Any help would be appreciated.
Browniess123

Re: Need help with my d3100

Postby Simeon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:26 pm

You ether needs a faster SD card, a recently formatted in camera SD card, with heaps of space. aka just after formatting.
Simeon
Core Developer

Download site bugged?

Postby necrophyte » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:13 pm

Hello!

Im trying to download the firmware but when I click the download-button I get this page (linked pic)
Anyone knows something that I can do?

Regards!
Attachments
1920x1080.jpg
necrophyte

Re: Download site bugged?

Postby Simeon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:40 am

It appears your browsers does like the javascript that used to show the silverlight widget, therefore you don't even see your browser doesn't like silverlight.. groan...
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby swsw2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Sorry, but maybe you can help me too?)
I've mac with El Capitan, and all browsers can do nothing with silverlight widget.
Safari and Firefox can use widget, but they can't complete file - widget stuck and file have no extension .bin
Chrome ignoring instilling process of silverlight, and just offering install it again.
And IE just does not work at all, cause "Power PC App not supported bla bla bla"
swsw2

Postby sensi277 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:38 pm

swsw2 wrote:Sorry, but maybe you can help me too?)
I've mac with El Capitan, and all browsers can do nothing with silverlight widget.
Safari and Firefox can use widget, but they can't complete file - widget stuck and file have no extension .bin
Chrome ignoring instilling process of silverlight, and just offering install it again.
And IE just does not work at all, cause "Power PC App not supported bla bla bla"

Use a Windows computer. The patcher doesn't seem to work too well on Mac.
sensi277

Postby swsw2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:27 am

sensi277 wrote:Use a Windows computer. The patcher doesn't seem to work too well on Mac.

I don't have one, and my friends don't have windows pc too. Why u can't just use download link, like on magic lantern site?
swsw2

Postby Simeon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:25 pm

swsw2 wrote:
sensi277 wrote:Use a Windows computer. The patcher doesn't seem to work too well on Mac.

I don't have one, and my friends don't have windows pc too. Why u can't just use download link, like on magic lantern site?

Magic lantern uses a different mechanism to patch software, due to the Cannon having a nicer software environment. So there process is simpler.
I used a tool that changes the software on your machine to avoid distributing Nikon's copyrighted software. Now that software Silverlight is not supported on most camera's
I need to write a new tool in javascript, which is a lot more painful, and I have not been inspired to spend the time doing this...
Simeon
Core Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Help