D3300 Feature Requests

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

Re: D3300 Bit Rate Upgrade & RAW Video?

Postby yildori » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:55 am

¿RAW vídeo? Maybe one minute and a few seconds in a 16 GB card, I don't want it. Of course, our buffer's cameras aren't ready for that speed.

/
yildori

Re: D3300 Feature Requests

Postby Rawr87 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello!

So this is my first post here, and I'm still very new to this place. I recently purchased a Nikon D3300, and was extremely aggravated to see that they gimped the capabilities of the video camera recording limit.
I am not that knowledgeable or qualified to be doing much, but I am very interested in learning. I'm an electronics/electrician guy by trade, I've done a bit of micro-processor programming, and I've screwed
around with programming for the arduino. Like I said, I really don't know jack, but I'm happy to learn and invest time and effort if someone could direct me towards resources to teach myself the relevant information.
I always say, "This stuff isn't black magic, and it doesn't require ritual sacrifice to make it work."

Thanks In Advance!
Rawr87

Postby Simeon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Simeon
Core Developer

Postby hamed » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 am

@simeon
this is a big critic that: why there is not much contents for teaching hacking nikons? wiki is a bit confusing for me and i think we need more information to join hacking. I am a c programmer. i dont have any experience in embedded systems, circuits and ARM assembly. could you introduce some books for self-studying these topics?
I have a suggestion: create some youtube videos about hacking and decoding the firmware. creating videos consumes less time than writing.
also I'm willing to donate for these tutorials.

I think if these tutorials be available more and more people will join!!
hamed

Postby Simeon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 pm

hammed,

half the programmers I have worked with "could program" but what that means is they can do more of the same, but don't understand what a pointer is, or an int really is, or core CPU mapping of the code they write, they don't understand threading and caches and locks well (or at all) they don't understand how templating or macro do/don't work. They don't learn many languages they know zero assembly languages. They are day coders,

The other half can code, but half of those have a real life. The last quarter, they are the type that help in open source projects, because then can and want to. Those same people can workout how to learn something like disassembling firmware.

The wiki is for people who can, I don't even have enough time to make progress, let alone hold peoples hand via howto's and video's. It's a nice idea, I'm not attacking you, I'm just not going to do it. There is already stuff on the WWW on how todo this. Yes it's the for different processors, and different tools, but the core knowledge is there.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby astronomer » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:00 pm

I guess another part of reason is for the time we spent on writing these instruction in a form that layman can understand, we could make more progress ourselves. And even inside the core devs we used different tools.

Assembly language itself is not hard, you just break down each line of code in a higher language into the basic operation can be done on a CPU. There's a reference manual for FR80 somewhere on wiki I guess.
astronomer
Developer

Postby Perr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:25 am

Hello. I have some assembly experience and recently purchased a D3300. Dismayed to find it doesn't have an autobracketing feature. Even my iPhone has autobracketing... I checked the Nikon site for official firmware and only see a "distortion data" update. What are the tools to flash / retrieve firmware from the device? And are there any resources kept for what is known so far about D3300 binaries?

I'm really shocked that the D3300 doesn't have autobracketing. Seems like such a basic feature. Almost feel ripped off by Nikon. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Perr

Postby jagnje » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:21 am

my and the team I work with would be glad to pay if someone could enable d5300/d3300 to record 25p thru HDMI.
jagnje

Nikon D3300 Firmware

Postby Kalli56G » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 am

Hi guys,

I'm new her my name is Kalli I’m from Norway.
I update my D3300 firmware to C1.01 but now my Sigma 70-300 mm F4,0-5,6 DG Makro-Objektive is not more working only Manual-mode.
How can i downgrade to the old Firmware?

hilsen
Last edited by Kalli56G on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalli56G

D3300 Firmware has been released.

Postby shogun1337 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 am

shogun1337

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Help