General Feature Requests

Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our camera do ________ ?
Patching issues and other general help requests here please.

Re: D3100/D5100/D7000 (and other) Feature Request List

Postby user999 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:51 pm

coderat wrote:They possibly did not solder correctly two thin cables that must be soldered at the end, before closing cam. Does speaker works ? If it doesn't then they just forgot to solder 4 cables. Yes go for service and complain, because they definetly messed up things changing the shutter.

Thanks coderat for this information.
Speaker works.
I will complain for the mic.
Best Regards, too!
user999

Re: Nikon Patch v1.12

Postby Bent Tripod » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:57 am

Simeon wrote:
Locator wrote:Is it possible to remap some buttons to other function? Like useless second info button - for example to change it to ISO, single/continuous shoot, single focus/servo. Thanks

It should be possible, but we have not yet injected this large a change.

I am the happy owner of a d7000. I would be super happy if it was possible to remap some of the buttons too.
Even if I could just add the ISO adjustment option to the Function Button menu I would be all smiles - as I often shoot in M.(No - I am not interested in the work around where the Function Button allows you to access the top item in My Menu. I tried it and it is more trouble than groveling after the ISO Button on the left side of the camera.

Appreciation for consideration
Bent
Bent Tripod

Re: Feature Request List

Postby kangaroo303 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:28 am

Updated name to include latest cameras!
kangaroo303

Postby dbenzhuser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am

So, I am a fresh owner of a D3200 (got it cheap, didn't really think about it to much) with little to no experience in photography. Yet as a (non-embedded) programmer, before even trying to get a single nice picture, I imagined what I could do by remote controlling and therefore scripting the camera.
It seems from the videos on the youtube channel, that at least for the D5100, basic button pressing is understood. PTP is no black magic ether, and I can control some functions of my camera with DSLR Dashboard via Android (though it mostly just crashes with the D3200) and even really use it with digiCamControl.

Without real knowledge I don't yet care whether I can control all aspects simultaneously, what I am missing though is remote video recording. Other models can do it, the D3200 just doesn't support it.

So, my suggestion would be to try to add the ability to start and stop video recording remotely for the D3200.
From my perspective this looks as if it really could be done, correct me if I'm wrong :)

I would volunteer to try patched firmware versions (sooner or later, I'll do something stupid anyways ...) if there is a realistic chance not to brick it ... and as soon as I have understood the basic functions. Right now I'm not that much of a help.
dbenzhuser

Postby coderat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 pm

dbenzhuser wrote:So, I am a fresh owner of a D3200 (got it cheap, didn't really think about it to much) with little to no experience in photography. Yet as a (non-embedded) programmer, before even trying to get a single nice picture, I imagined what I could do by remote controlling and therefore scripting the camera.

Did you already read our WIKI ? This http://nikonhacker.com/wiki/WU-1a ?

Best regards,
coderat
coderat
Core Developer

Postby dbenzhuser » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:18 am

coderat wrote:Did you already read our WIKI ? This http://nikonhacker.com/wiki/WU-1a ?

I did now :)

However, as far as I understand it, it's only possible to trigger functions, that are available through the camera firmware. For the D3200 live view might not be advertised by the protocol, but its still possible to just use it if you know how to call it.
Starting and stopping video recording is not, but it would really be helpful (for me).

I don't own a WU-1a adapter, but opted to use a TL-MR3040 with modified OpenWrt when using it with DslrDashboard.
Keep in mind though, I got my camera last Thursday, the TL-MR3040 yesterday evening, and the best camera I have used until last week is the one built-in to my smartphone ... I'll have to catch up a little :)
dbenzhuser

Metering in manual mode

Postby StuckPixel » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi! This is my first post, so first I would like to congratulate you for the excellent work you guys are doing! Well done!
I have read several posts about metering with the D5100, here and other places. I read somewhere that the D7000 shows the rangefinder (metering bars) in manual mode also with non-cpu lenses. If this is true, then it might be possible also to enable this in the D5100. It would be very useful for astrophotography. What do you think?
StuckPixel

Postby stanD7000 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:34 am

25fps, 1080 on D7000 is all i dream about! Is it in the pipeline?
stanD7000

Postby coderat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 am

stanD7000 wrote:25fps, 1080 on D7000 is all i dream about! Is it in the pipeline?

You mean 25/30fps instead of 24 (same as on D5100) ? Yes, it is in pipeline, but we can't give exact timeline.

Best regards,
coderat
coderat
Core Developer

Postby stanD7000 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 am

Yes. Indeed. Can't wait for this feature! Great work you do!
stanD7000

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Help