Firmware Patch v1.0

All things embedded.
*NO FEATURE REQUESTS*

Re: Firmware Patch v1.0

Postby Simeon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 am

unrealnighthawk wrote:Ok, scratch that. Upon closer inspection video performance seems spotty at best. Every third video or so has an absolutely horrible frame rate. We're talking something around 2 frames per second. Audio quality is wonderful, and the versions which start out great seem to stay that way. But if it starts out at 2 frames per second, it sticks around until the end of the video. Any ideas?

That's very weird. The video change only changes the timing restrictions of how long the video record for. I'd be very interested to see if you put the normal firmware on if you have the same behavior. Did you also include the image quality alterations as well as the video change?
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby unrealnighthawk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Hm, okay I don't know what the problem was but I don't seem to be able to recreate it anymore. Not only that, but I suspect that it may have been something weird happening on my computer itself and not the camera. When I look over the videos that were once spotty, they're now playing smoothly. Not sure why one file would be laggy while the next one is fine in one instance, while the next day it's fixed. This makes me look stupid, but thought I'd note it officially for posterity.
unrealnighthawk

Postby Simeon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:21 am

unrealnighthawk wrote:Hm, okay I don't know what the problem was but I don't seem to be able to recreate it anymore. Not only that, but I suspect that it may have been something weird happening on my computer itself and not the camera. When I look over the videos that were once spotty, they're now playing smoothly. Not sure why one file would be laggy while the next one is fine in one instance, while the next day it's fixed. This makes me look stupid, but thought I'd note it officially for posterity.

Doesn't make you look stupid to me. Just seeing odd behavior, and it's natural to blame the thing that changed most recently.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby Ravil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Simeon wrote:As noted on my blog, we have released Firmware Patch v1.0
Patch Tool can be downloaded here

Thank you very much for the great job Simeon!
I have Nikon D90. Is it possible to adapt your hack to this model too?
Also I am not a programmer and I read the discussion, but is it real to add ntfs support or ext3 filesystem to overcome limitations in 4GB.

Ravil.
Ravil

Postby bcus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 pm

please release a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 version of the patch tool :think: :twocents-02cents:

I have the Nikon DSLR D3100 with latest firmware patch and now instead of the 10 minutes restriction, i have a 25 minutes and 33 seconds restrictions! :think:
Is it possible to remove the restriction completely ?

links i used.
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers ... a_id/17128
http://simeonpilgrim.com/nikon-patch/Nikon-Patch.html
bcus

Postby Simeon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 am

bcus wrote:please release a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 version of the patch tool :think: :twocents-02cents:

I have the Nikon DSLR D3100 with latest firmware patch and now instead of the 10 minutes restriction, i have a 25 minutes and 33 seconds restrictions! :think:
Is it possible to remove the restriction completely ?

links i used.
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers ... a_id/17128
http://simeonpilgrim.com/nikon-patch/Nikon-Patch.html

Um, you are used the current official patch tool, the web tool is cross platform, thus no need to release platform based tools. It's just hosted on my domain, as I had easier access than trying to host it here or the Google project site.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby hedehede81 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you very much for this awesome tool. Would it be possible to have continuous unlimited shooting, like creating a new 3.5 gb file automatically or even better, with an exfat formatted card a single file greater than 4 gb?
hedehede81

Postby Simeon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 am

hedehede81 wrote:Would it be possible to have continuous unlimited shooting, like creating a new 3.5 gb file automatically?

At this point of time this should be possible to make the code achieve the above idea, I've just not done it.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby hedehede81 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:41 am

Simeon wrote:
hedehede81 wrote:Would it be possible to have continuous unlimited shooting, like creating a new 3.5 gb file automatically?

At this point of time this should be possible to make the code achieve the above idea, I've just not done it.

I hope you decide to do it some time, it would be great. Personally, I would be willing to send a beer or two on your way for such a feature, I'm sure there would be more people too :)
hedehede81

Previous

Return to Firmware