Nikon Patch 1.20.6

All things embedded.
*NO FEATURE REQUESTS*

Re: Nikon Patch 1.20.6

Postby Wojta » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:43 am

I also think thats why... Thanks. Also do u have any more experiences with transcend? I found pretty awesome deal on their Transcend SDXC Ultimate 64GB UHS-I U3. I also read a lot of reviews that said its pretty great. If u have few words about it, what u think or just anythink.

Thanks.
Wojta

Postby Tweener » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:14 am

Tweener

Postby the_deserts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:13 am

Hey, hi!

So i installed the hacked firmware file in my D610 camera and the file seems to work fine, there's just one problem though: i can't review my clips imediatly after filming. When I click play, it shows me the black screen with the hourglass and then returns to the thumbnail, not playing back anything. Is there any way to fix this?

I reinstaled the original Firmware to make sure everything was ok with the camera nad it seems to have solved it, but i wuld still love to have the 54mbps though...

Thanks very much.
the_deserts

Postby sensi277 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

the_deserts wrote:Hey, hi!

So i installed the hacked firmware file in my D610 camera and the file seems to work fine, there's just one problem though: i can't review my clips imediatly after filming. When I click play, it shows me the black screen with the hourglass and then returns to the thumbnail, not playing back anything. Is there any way to fix this?

I reinstaled the original Firmware to make sure everything was ok with the camera nad it seems to have solved it, but i wuld still love to have the 54mbps though...

Thanks very much.

That is a known limitation of the high bitrate hacks. Refer to the Wiki for more information.
sensi277

Postby peregrine » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Hellooooo!!!!!!

Is anybody Hereeee????????????
peregrine

Postby marusches » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:12 am

i think this is due to the screen on camera not supporting 1080hd playback ?
marusches

Postby Fried Crispy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:37 pm

The information pathway going to the LCD can only deliver rates up to 30 Mbps, I'm pretty sure that was the number cited earlier in the discussions of this trade-off. So, the development of a patch option was made to give you the highest possible quality (64 Mbps) along with a speed that would secure a possible review in the LCD, the 29 Mbps.

HQ (High Quality) and NQ (Normal Quality) byte rate settings; the 64 is the highest possible, and the 29 is for playback.

So, your improved 64 Mbps video, or whatever it was that you chose that was over 30 Mbps can be reviewed off-camera with an external monitor. OR, if it is something that you can reasonably duplicate, such as in-studio still-life, you can back down the quality to the 29 Mbps and shoot it again for your review.

There is also the option to flash your camera with the original file and return it to factory settings.

What you have mentioned seemed to be characteristic of the higher than 30 mbps byte rate surpassing the hardware's capability to deliver the images to the LCD, and as it is a hardware limitation, there is no other way to accommodate the higher byte rate with a LCD playback.

At least that is what I had gathered from other threads.
Fried Crispy

Postby Simeon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:18 pm

nod, Fried Crispy seems to have it about 100% correct. I would only add "we are not sure if it's software or hardware" and if we knew it was software, could change that, but we don't know...
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby domienz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:28 pm

guys its just adding more quality video option? comparing to magic lantern, thats just waste of time.

we dont even have focus peaking in video mode, we cant even focus in video guys.... even if i have external expensive microphone, nikons cant focus silently even with new ones. all focus sound is recorded by mic, even external mic. we need to focus manuelly but you invented not focus peaking, 54 mbps video :D the files are already too big after footage i reduce the file size to %25 but you offer high quality video.

sorry i expected too much thing after using canon and magic lantern.
domienz

Postby rogger1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:42 am

Hello Simeon
I tried to patch my D3200 and I have an answer that tells me it can not find the right firmware. Mine is the gold 1.0.4 version in the patch this version does not exist. Can you tell me how.
Thank you.
rogger1

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware