Nikon Patch v1.18.2 BETA

All things embedded.
*NO FEATURE REQUESTS*

Nikon Patch v1.18.2 BETA

Postby Simeon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:37 pm

BETA Tool Link

D800: Added 64mpbs as a new HQ target, and made the NQ bit rates be the old HQ value.

Dropped the D5200 patch as it didn't work.

Added a short descriptions to each patch, when you select the row, it shows below the list. Might help with the "were-as my UI gone questions".

I plan to do the same data-rate stuff as above for the other camera's as time permits, but decided to post, so the help/description stuff was live.
Simeon
Core Developer

Re: Nikon Patch v1.18.2 BETA

Postby geoffcbassett » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:30 pm

That D800 update is exactly what I wished for, will be testing it shortly! Hopefully the 64mb is as stable as 54 has proven to be.

I like the idea of short descriptions, glad you added it to them!
Last edited by geoffcbassett on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
geoffcbassett

Postby Simeon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 pm

geoffcbassett wrote:I like the idea of short descriptions, glad you added it them!

let me know how it works for you. Not that the D800 has many different descriptions...
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby Simeon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 pm

On my todo list is a dynamic feature matrix, injected into the web page form the silverlight program, so people can see what features are on what model/firmware/stability level.
Simeon
Core Developer

Postby geoffcbassett » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Simeon wrote:On my todo list is a dynamic feature matrix, injected into the web page form the silverlight program, so people can see what features are on what model/firmware/stability level.

That would be a great addition for people that just want a quick look at all the features for their camera.

Maybe the approximate recording time can be listed aswell? (For example: 54 mbps = ~9 min recording time. I will get the length for 64) along with the information that NQ is now the original HQ?

Also, does anyone know of a good program to analyse video file bitrates?
geoffcbassett

Postby Shadowww » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:21 am

geoffcbassett wrote:Also, does anyone know of a good program to analyse video file bitrates?
Not sure what you meant by "analyze", but free MediaInfo ( http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo ) can show quite a lot of information about video, including nominal and peak bitrate, just make sure to switch it to text mode.
Shadowww

Postby giostrante » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:22 am

Hi everybody, I just found this "holy and blessed" site some time ago and I'm very excited about the idea of see the true video capabilities of our nikons.
I'm a d800 owner, after a 7d and a 5d mark II I've chosen to come back to the origins (my first dslr was a d40) cause I was tired of the canon's softness, look and colour, especially on video. And I was happy of my choice, I really love the more "cold and sharp" nikon look but I must say, two months after my switch magic lantern came out with the raw hack, and the regrets started. They made a real magic turning a super muddy-soft camera like the 5d mark III, with a very average sensor and dynamic range, into a professional monster camera, almost on pair with super high end models.
So my hope now are people like you, I can barely imagine what a sensor like the d800 one could do with a raw hack, it would be a real revolution, a new start for video shooters. I'm wondering why nikon is not thinking about this opportunity, I think they could easily fix the problems there are and give us a simple firmware update with all the features we want, raw video mode included. And it would be the beginning of the nikon absolute kingdom, their cameras would be the most wanted and sold, so why nikon, why don't you want to rule?
This opportunity now is in you hands, dear nikon hacker people, you could change the world in the near future, well, the "video side " of the world at least!
So keep going, I'll do some tests with this new hack very soon and I'll post here the results, I hope to help, I'll donate something soon too, as soon as I get more money,I want to be part of this little and silent revolution that (perhaps) is coming!
And sorry for my english, I'm italian!
giostrante

Postby larssteenhoff » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:21 am

Awesome !! I will install that 64 patch on the d800 right now :)

edit: I installed it and it's working fine :)
larssteenhoff

Postby nikkor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 am

I will try it later tonight. would be great to get the 720p60 also patched.
nikkor

Postby Simeon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 am

nikkor wrote:I will try it later tonight. would be great to get the 720p60 also patched.

Out of ignorance. What camera model is that for?
Simeon
Core Developer

Next

Return to Firmware