So why should you donate, and where does the donation go?
This project is a strictly non-commercial, not-for-profit enthusiast effort. Our aim is to just have fun making the best cameras in the world even better.
After much thought, we came to the conclusion that there are some good reasons to accept donations :
- because hosting and bandwidth costs are a reality, and the more successful we are, the more it will cost
- because some compatibility improvements might require us to buy additional hardware
- because testing early modifications could one day brick (destroy) one of our cameras - think of it as an insurance for us. If one of the developers "bricks" their camera, this fund will be used to help them buy a new one. This reduces the risk for the developers.
- because we aim at acquiring 2nd hand cameras (possibly broken) to perform advanced tests and hardware manipulations. We accept hardware donations (broken or working!). Please contact one of the core developers.
- because we could afford new software tools to complement our current toolkit
- or because you just want to say Thanks and encourage us to spend our free time on this effort
To be clear, donating does not give any priority to feature requests or any product in return. This project remains driven by our interest in understanding and sharing knowledge, and your donation will help and encourage us.
The Core Developers